Demonstration Gardens / Gardening Days
The North Central Chapter members and gardeners support three demonstration gardens. We have gardening days where you can experience hands on learning from native plant leaders and other gardeners about selection, installation, maintenance and landscape tips for native plants.1.
Molly Hollar Wildscape
- Leaders are Molly Hollar and Ann Knudsen
- Wednesdays 9am - noon @ Veterans Park, Arlington
- 1st Saturday each month 9am - noon @ Veterans Park, Arlington
- Tuesdays 9am - noon @ the Greenhouse in Randol Mill Park, Arlington
- Leaders are Theresa Thomas and Char McMorrow
- Fort Worth Southwest Regional Library, 4001 Library Lane
- 2nd and 4th Thursdays each month 9am - noon
Southwest Sub Court House
- Leaders are Gailon Hardin and Dawn Hancock
- 6551 Granbury Road, Fort Worth
- 2nd Saturday and last Wednesday each month 9am-noon
Be sure to bring your gardening gloves, your favorite spade, shovel or weeding tool and maybe pruners for maintenance. Also, be prepared for the weather: dress in layers if cool or be sure to wear sunscreen and a hat if temps are warm. A water bottle is a good idea too. From time to time, native plants volunteer themselves in pathways and must be removed, so you might go home with a free plant! Just in case, bring a plastic bag or some unused plastic pots to ease the transplant shock until you get those freebies home and installed in your landscape.